CouTraCi home page
The CouTraCi software is designed and created for the analysis of the GPS flight data recorder and optimized for gliding tasks. The graphic interface is very intuitive and allows you to analyze in detail your flights, drawing waypoints and tracks on any scanned map, for example.
You can download it free from this web site. You can choose between English or French.
Main specifications: main features, file formats, interface, printing options, fully autonomous software.
Main features (see examples):
- Simultaneous 3 windows display: overhead view, barogram and flight parameters.
- Option to overlap all opened tracks in the 3 windows (very useful when comparing numerous flights for clubs or competitions).
- Option to displace barograms (and overhead views) in relation to time (when using the multi-track mode to compare flights).
- Option to display any scanned map in the background (*.JPG, *.BMP and *.WMF file format supported) and airspace files (OpenAir, Tim Newport-Peace, Zander).
- Playback functions, which automatically review on or more flight(s).
- Ability to print all significant information of the flight (altitude profile, track with waypoints, zooms in for each turn points, task parameters as distances and speeds, etc.) on the same page.
- Ability to print all significant information for preparation for flight on the same page.
- Many options to configure turn sector.
- Pull-down and pop-up menu, toll bar, info bar for each menu item, each button or screen erea.
- The mouse facilitates quick function executions (zooming with wheel, centering on a waypoint or area, distance calculation, moving maps, etc.).
- Airspace files formats: OpenAir, Tim Newport-Peace, Zander, (for other formats contact me).
- Waypoints files formats: *.DBF, *.TPT , *.DA4 (LX4000, LX5000), *.WPT (Garmin), *.DAT (Cambridge), *.WPZ (Zander), *.DBT (Volkslogger), *.CTC, (for other formats contact me).
- Track files formats: *.IGC (data file standard for GNSS flight recorders), *.GPX (GPS Exchange Format), *.LO4 and *.TX4 (LX4000, LX5000), *.DAT, *.TRK (Garmin), *.TRL (Way), *.CTC, (for other formats contact me).
GPS and flight recorders interfaces:
- Garmin GPS interface.
- Magellan GPS interface.
- MLR GPS interface.
- NMEA 0183 interface (real-time track).
- Logger SkyForce interface.
Printing options (see example):
- Print preview.
- Altitude profile (choice of scale and size etc. or automatic adjusting).
- Track over the ground with waypoints, task, etc. (choice of scales, choice of printed data, etc.).
- Printout on the same page: altitude profile, track with waypoints and task, zooms in for each turn points, task parameters (head, distance and speeds, etc.).
- Printout all information for preparation for flight: head, distance, overhead view, zoom in turn point, etc.
- Waypoints list.
Fully autonomous software under Windows 95, Windows 98, Millenium, Windows NT and Windows XP:
- No DLL needed or other file to run (except data files of course).
- The software doesn't copy any file (*.ini, *.dll, ...) in the windows directory. Uninstalling CouTraCi is very easy: CouTraCi just creates a coutraci.ini file located in the same directory as coutraci.exe and a *.ini file for each calibrated map that has the same name as jpg or bmp file name and that is located in the same directory.
- Its file size is low (less than 2 MO) and it need low resources.